Sunday, January 15, 2012

Excitement

I'm getting really excited . . . why, you ask?  I'm off to a quilting retreat this weekend with a really good friend of mine.  It's going to be hard to work this week but what a reward at the end!  This is the second year that I have been able to attend and what fun it will be.  Project that I'm doing is called Bramble Berries "Berry Vines" by The Buggy Barn.




Love, love, love the colours in this project!!!  It has been hard to wait to get started.  I have all the material cut and ready to go so I can start sewing right as soon as I get to the retreat.  

I'm hoping that I will be able to finish the top this weekend.
 


On another note, I have been working on a table runner with these colours for my kitchen table.  Even though it is red and green with a bit of gold, I should be able to use it longer - at least that is what I'm planning to do.  My kitchen counter tops are kind of a mossey green and I have this wonderful wall that I painted more of a brick red and have never regretted my choice.

This is how it starts . . . with a basic four patch.





And later this is what you get . . .


I've been wanting to do this one for a very long time . . .


. . . and I love it!

Well, I guess I should go do something with my house -.  Thanks for checking out blog!

Shauna