Thursday, September 6, 2012

Folk Art

 

This summer I stopped off at Country Creations in Strathmore and found a lovely panel of folk art flowers in vases.  There were eight different ones on a panel and I heard them calling my name.  

  I then proceeded to pick out some fat quarters and some backing material that just matched perfectly.  The great thing was, everything was on sale and I feel like I got myself a great bargain.  
I have been itching to do something with them for a very long time.  Friday afternoon after work I headed down to Vulcan to visit a good friend for the long weekend.  

Her place is my prairie retreat!

We had a great visit and had lots of time to sew.  

Healing for the soul!

I was super productive while in Vulcan.  Got a few more blocks made for the Hidden Stars quilt, binding for Elyse's quilt, and four Folk Art placemats.  I'm only going to show to three of them as one I need to rejig and take apart.  

I was very pleased with my results and it felt so good to create original pieces of work.

Each placemat is different except that they all have the same borders fabric (all different sizes) and backing.   

Please ignore my pictures, that was a comedy of errors.  Since the move I have been unable to find the cord to my little Canon which I originally took the pictures on.  Then I tried to take the pictures on my little Fuji but the battery was dead so these are iphone pictures.  Not too shabby.