Monday, April 1, 2013

Hidden Stars Quilt


I finished the top for the Hidden Stars quilt . . .
at least I think I have.

I am considering putting a white border on it and scalloping the edges.

I think it would work on this quilt but still not sure.



I'm loving the softness of this quilt . . . kind of has that scandinavian, clean and fresh look.
Just perfect for spring / summer!

It has a nice range of blues with a lovely sprinkle of yellow and a dash of green.


 

Couldn't resist a picture with one of my favourite pictures that I have hanging.




It's been a wonderful weekend sewing, visiting friends, spending time with family listening to music and best of all celebrating the resurrection of my Lord.

Hope you all have enjoyed your weekend also!


Shauna



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty colors in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white border would allow room for some wonderful quilting ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Shauna, I'm happy for you that it's come together so nicely. I think a white border would perfectly frame it's loveliness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! Another project done! Good job. You do inspire me to get to work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt this is!! I love blue and yellow together, it's so fresh and clean. It reminds me of the quilt I did for my grandmother's 90th birthday. I used the "Summer Breeze" line (http://www.dewings.us/blog/2011/10/29/grandmas-memories/).

    I think scalloped edges would look wonderful! As for tips, I must admit that I really don't have any. It truly isn't that hard. I made my own biased binding (a first for me) out of 1/2 a yd, sewed it onto the back, then onto the front (I machine bind my quilts, so I do it backwards). I didn't find it difficult to ease the binding around the corners or curves, like I expected to. I think it's because my curves weren't steep. They were nice and evenly rounded (I used the template that came with the "Simplify" book, where I got the quilt pattern). By the look of the stuff you're doing already, I think you'll do fine!

    And thank you for the compliment about those swirls. My husband read your comment and said, "See? I told you they're not bad!". From the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses.. right? :)

    ReplyDelete