Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Quilting Doldrums

In looking at my blog, 
I realized that I haven't posted anything since the end of September.

Where has the time gone??!!  
And here it is already the middle of October.

I haven't been doing too much sewing the past couple of weeks. 
I guess I have been busy with other things and
have been in the 'Quilting Doldrums'.

I do have a quilting weekend coming up so I had better be getting it together!

I am having trouble picking out my fabrics for a double wedding ring quilt 
which is on the agenda for the quilting weekend.

Here is what I've picked out so far . . .

 I need two more fabrics and then I'll be on my way.
I'm not so sure why I am grappling with this so much.

Since I haven't posted anything for a long time, 
I thought I would show off a quilt I made 4 years ago for my nephew.

It was one of the first quilts that I made and definitely the first I quilted myself.

I used flannel so it would be nice and cuddly.
If I remember correctly, my sister wasn't sure if she was having a boy or a girl.


I remember using a pattern from a book at the library and before I could finish,
I had to return it.


I remember it being challenge working with an all flannel quilt.


All in all, it came together nicely and was enjoyed.

What more could a quilter ask for?

Hope you are enjoying your week!!

Shauna

3 comments:

  1. I like the fabrics you've picked out! And that baby quilt is beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a first quilt, it is wonderful! I don't think I'd be showing you my first attempt. Is that free motion I see in the border? Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been in the doldrums, m'dear, it can happen! But you have picked out some fabby fabrics for your next project and once you get started, your quilting mojo will be back with a vengeance, I'm sure. Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete