Friday, November 1, 2013

From Sophistication to Boyhood Fun

Is this not the most gorgeous material?


I found this in a little shop in Invermere, B.C. while I was on holidays this summer.
The store is call Essentials and it is a clothing / fabric shop.
What could be more 'essential' then some beautiful fabric?
They had many wonderful items, both in clothing and fabric to tempt one.

I had a vision of a pair of pillow shams.

They were more challenging to make than I thought 
but in the end turned out beautifully.

I have only one sham made at this point but still love the look.


The colour is a little off due to indoor lighting.
Not quite the same as natural outdoor lighting.


I just did a simple grid pattern over it and I am happy with my choice.

Now the question is: what colour do I paint my bedroom walls?

Switch gears from sophistication to boyhood fun.

COWABUNGA!!


My good friend and I were out shopping one day for material.
In our journey we saw this material.  Her grandsons are crazy about
the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so she purchased the material
and asked if I would do three pillow cases up for her.

I only have two completed and have yet to do the third.  
It shouldn't take me long and I think they turned out quite cool!

Well, it has been a long week and I'm getting ready to hit the sack.
So glad to have that extra hour of sleep this weekend ... 
... or maybe an extra hour to quilt!!

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Linking up with AmandaJean at Crazy Mom Quilts
Thanks again for hosting 'Finish Up Fridays'.

Shauna