Friday, March 14, 2014

Feeling 'Blue' and a need for a Fresh Start

 This is how I have been feeling lately . . .

 
I moved into my place in the city just over a year and a half ago 
and am now just starting to discover who I am and what I like.

I have decided that I like soft pinks, greens, teal blue and yellow colours.
 I have always been wired this way but I think lost my way for a while.

Based on this new 'knowledge' about myself, 
I have decided to paint the upstairs of my condo 
a nice teal blue, aqua, blue, or tourquoise  colour.  

Now to find 
the right colour, 
the time 
and the energy 
to bring my vision to fruition.

This would include my craft room, bedrooms and bathrooms.
I'm excited what this summer will bring.

In keeping with my theme, I need to finish off a quilt that I started eons ago.
 The top in finished and it just needs to be quilted.


 




This was such a fun quilt to work on as it definitely was 'my' colours.

I learned to accomplish a lot of different blocks in this quilt and each border was different.
I learned how to do flying geese, bear's paw and working with triangles.

After an appointment I had this afternoon I took some time 
to unwind and wander around my favourite furniture consignment shop.  
Oh my, do they ever have some neat and unique items.

Well, in keeping with my girly, romantic and soft theme, 
I found this beauty for 1/2 the price.  It will grace the wall above my bed.



So even though I am feeling 'blue' emotionally, I can start to see a future.

I have adopted this verse since the beginning of the year . . .

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
 
Enjoy your weekend!

Shauna