Sunday, May 25, 2014

Quilts, Chocolate and Fabric

It's been quite the week!
Exhausting really!!
 
This weekend was the Quilt Festival at Heritage Park in Calgary.
Always lots of inspiration.
 
I think there were less quilts than in previous years,
but nice none the less.

This year the weather cooperated and it was perfect!
 
I met up with some quilting friends who go to the same January retreat.
Always nice to catch up over a free breakfast.

It really is the most perfect setting to hang quilts 
- lots of old buildings that lend itself to a nice cozy quilt.


  
This year they had a display of civil war quilts made by current day quilters.  
Amazing!!

My pictures are not that great as they were in a darker building 
but you would not believe how small 
some of the blocks were in the full size quilts.
 
They also had a display of antique quilts.
 
Here's one that caught my eye.
Looks at that cool border - gives you ideas, doesn't it?
 
 
Some of my favourites modern quilts.
Look at the quilting done on these two.




I guess I gravitate towards the bright and cheery quilts.
Took this picture of this heart one for my friend Reta.


 I looove the colours in this quilt!
A quilt of half square triangles.


My friend Jen sent me some of my favourite UK chocolates last week.
What a treat to get them in the mail!!!
And in such a pretty tin too!
 
 
The same day I got chocolate I also got some fabric that 
I ordered from Sewing Sisters with my gift certificate.
If you haven't checked them out, 
they have a really nice selection of books, fabric, notions. 
 
Their prices are very reasonable as is their shipping prices, at least in Canada
and they are very quick in sending out their packages.

Can't wait to play with these.
Must finish up some projects first though.


 I resisted and did not buy fabric from Heritage Park. (insert sad face here)
They had some really good buys but could not justify anything.
Next year!!!

Hope I didn't bore you with my many pictures and stories.
I'm looking forward to my week - hope you are too!

Shauna