Friday, June 27, 2014

Bogged Down

If I spent as much time sewing as I do looking at quilting blogs
or watching Midsomer Murders on NetFlix,
I'd have a finished product to show you this week.

I'm having a hard time keeping focused to finish off 
this wedding ring quilt.

All I can say is that it's a good thing that neither of my kids
are even close to getting married.
Maybe that's the problem - maybe I need a deadline
to get this one done!




I still only have one completed row done but well on my way to getting a second.
Could get that much done this weekend if I chip away at it.

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and my daughter
bought me this beautiful bouquet of flowers.




I absolutely LOVE the colours.
Wouldn't they look great in a quilt?
Some of my favourite flowers are represented here.


Lately we have had the most spectacular sunsets.
Here's a couple from two different nights.

 



One can't hold a candle to the beauty that God has created for us to enjoy.

Wishing you all a beautiful weekend!!

Shauna

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that. I had seven baby quilts made before I ever had a grand babe ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like your DWR quilt and the flower bouquet color coordinate. very pretty and the sunsets are too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you worry about not having a finished product - I'm happy just to read what you've been up to and share that delightful sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look! Don't fret that quilt will be all the more special when it is finished! Good for you to do things that you love to do! Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete