Sunday, July 20, 2014

It's The Quilt That Never Ends . . .

. . . it goes on and on, my friend.

Sometimes I think that I will never be finished my double wedding ring quilt.
I am now officially half finished so am starting to see an end.

 
For the second portion of my holidays, I spent time with my friend in Vulcan sewing up a storm.
Wednesday of last week we went out to Bow Bench Retreat for a sewing day.
For $25 you can go and sew for the day and have supper at the end.
Beautiful place and Nancy is a wonderful host.

Here's a view from the outdoor patio.


Wendy and I had a great time together.  
We got our hair done, went for lunch, sewed much and wandered through the cemetery.
I know that sounds strange - wandering through a cemetery.

I used to live in Vulcan so know quite a few people still who live there 
and many who have past on.
It was a great time of reflection about my 5 1/2 years there.



My heart is still there in many ways!

I did work feverishly on my wedding ring quilt - 3 rows now complete!!
Whoo hoo!!


Points are looking pretty good.
 

 My friend Wendy is a talented quilter also.

The quilt on the bed is the one that she was working on to get done.
Isn't it gorgeous!!  I'm in love with the colours.

Of course the other two wall hangings are ones that she had previously completed.
 


As I look out my window it appears that we are in for a bit of a storm.

Have a great week everyone!

Shauna