Sunday, July 19, 2015

Red, White and all Dresden Up

Friends are like quilts . . .
They never loose their warmth.

I just got to spend my weekend with a special friend who just happens to sew too! 

Wendy and I have been saving our red and white fabric for quite some time as we both wanted to make a quilt with these colours - but nothing christmassy. Last time we were together, we finally hit upon a pattern that tickled our fancy - Dresden Plates. 

 
We bought the EZQuilting Dresden Ruler. What a great ruler, I would highly recommend it.

We started off cutting the 5 inch strips and then the blades using the ruler. Took no time at all and we had enough cut for 2 quilts and most of a third.

We strip pieced the blades and then sat and watched a movie and reruns of Friends as we cut them apart, turned them, ironed and packaged them up to sew into the plates.

We even managed to squeeze a visit to the local quilting store, "Out of Hand".


My little packages are all ready to be sewn together.


And I have one completed!


This is going to be one fun quilt to put together.

Thanks for the great weekend Wendy!

Hope you have all enjoyed your weekend as much as I have. Have a spectacular week!

Shauna