Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Necessary Clutch Wallet and Vulcan / Kirkcaldy Trip

This was my weekend to skip out of town and boy did that feel good. For some reason I am feeling really tied down with all of my commitments and I really just want to play. I'm sure I will get over this but for now this is how I have been feeling.

Two of my friends from Vulcan were planning to make the Necessary Clutch Wallet and invited me to come down for the weekend and learn along with them. What fun we had and we were able to accomplish the task and finish the wallet. 

 
It takes a fair bit of organization to cut out all of the pieces and and go through the steps of putting it together.




This was my first zipper and I was proud of myself for tackling it. Really, it wasn't as daunting as I thought it might be. I'll be on a roll now with this new acquired skill.


The fabrics I used were given to me by my daughter last year at Christmas. The fabric was just waiting for the perfect project and I think this was a good choice. I only had to purchase 1/2 yard for the inside pockets, the various interfacings, the zipper and the closing latch as I already had the two fat quarters.

I'm over the moon happy with my clutch! It's a good size and will hold coins, credit cards and even a cell phone. 


Wendy's is the blue one. Isn't it just gorgeous too?! Her daughter brought back the patterned fabric from England for her. 

What great daughters we have!!



I snapped a few pictures of the Kirkcaldy Hall and a view from the Hall. This little hall has quite the history. It used to be a school house and now is used for various gatherings like the quilting ladies of the area. 





It was a beautiful sunny day as you can see from the lovely blue sky. 

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict: Can I get a Whoop Whoop?

Shauna