Friday, May 24, 2013

Coins are Stacked

The past weekend was a long weekend and I tacked an extra day on top so had 4 glorious days.  

Was so nice to have the time off work but 
I really should have gotten much more done around the house.  

Poked around the house for the first day and half and then I went down south of town to visit a quilting friend.  We enjoyed each others company, got lots of sewing done, went for a long walk through the back forty and helped her hubby move the cows from the corral to the pasture.  Not sure I was much help with that but I can say I ran with the bulls that day. (he, he, he)

I just love the beautiful song of the meadow lark and the wide open spaces of the prairies.
It really is like a breath of fresh air to get out of the city.

It was very productive sewing wise.  

The coin quilt is now quilted and I just need to get the binding sown on.


 For the backing I chose a bright and cheery yellow.


I really like the way this one came together.  I must say I am partial to pink and girly quilts.


I did all of the quilting myself.  
Nothing too elaborate here.

I did a honeycomb down the white sashing and then just did corner to corner on the coins.


Can hardly wait to get the binding on now and get it in the washer.

I have been working on this little quilt or wall hanging for quite some time now.  

I kind of got my second wind though and have it over 3/4's done.  
It was nice to have another quilter look at it
 and think it looks good so I'll push through and get it finished.


Cute panel though.


Well, I am heading off to the Festival of Quilts tomorrow.
I'm hoping that the rain will stop as it has been raining for at least 2 days straight now.

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for my finish.

Have a great weekend all!!

Shauna