Sunday, December 1, 2013

Still Dancin'

Have had a bit of time to work on my Square Dance Quilt this weekend.

Getting there - just about half way done now. 


Takes a fair amount of concentration to lay out the blocks 
and then when you really look at it 
you can see where they are doubled up 
. . . am I going to worry about it.  

Nope!

I really like this pattern and having fun with it.  


 
121 blocks of 'happiness'.

Today, we had a celebration at church after the service 
to celebrate reading through the Bible in a year as a congregation.

My work team was on to cook dinner for 200 so I'm a little tired tonight.

Amazing what a group of women can put together.  
We had chicken cordon bleu, rice pilaf, salad, buns and cake for dessert.

It was inspiring to hear stories about how lives were impacted this year.
A great way to start Advent.

Thought about putting up the Christmas decorations today 
but I don't think it's going to happen.  

I'm even considering not putting up the tree. 

Is that bad or not?  

It's only me - no kids home for the holidays 
and everything I drag out has to be put back. 

 On the other hand, it's awfully nice after a long day at work to sit by the lights of the tree.  

Something soothing about that.  
I guess we'll see what happens.


This was from a couple of years ago.

Stay warm this week - we're getting another blast of cold with snow.

Shauna