Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Scrappy

My scrap pile just keeps growing and to be honest I wasn't sure how to use my scraps up and what would go together so I just kept adding to the pile. 

On the weekend I decided that I should take a look at my scraps and start with a plan. I pulled out several different fabrics that I thought might work together and started a string quilt. 

The jury is still out whether or not it all goes but I jumped in with both feet anyway and made a block.



I had bought a sheet from Ikea and that is what I using for my foundation. I cut my square at 12 inches and then squaring it up to 11 inches. My plan is to put the gold colour down the middle on each square.

So nice that summer is here and I can sit outside enjoying the sunshine and dream of the next quilt. What could be better than that?


 Enjoy your week where ever it may take you.